Q&A With Chris Franklin
1. Where are we talking from today?
A. California in my home office.
2. What would you like to accomplish in 2019?
A. Getting my name and my music out to a bigger audience and to work with artists indie or mainstream.
3. What is your take on politics?
A. I am not a fan of politics haha but I do follow local politics.
4. Where did you get your artist name from?
A. I came up with the name myself do to the poetry writing that I did in the past.
5. Growing up, how important has music been in your life? Can you recall the moment when you decided that you wanted to be a musician? Was it an easy or difficult choice to make?
A. Music has been a big part of my life since I was 4 years old. I had a mother who played music in high school in a band and growing up music was played a lot in my house. When I was in my early 20’s is when I got into making music.
6. Was there ever a time when you thought about doing something else? If you weren’t a musician today, what could you see yourself doing?
A. I am a creative-minded person so if music was not one of my passions and hobbies photography and digital art was also my other interests.
7. What has been the biggest surprise so far about making music your career? What has been an unexpected or welcome challenge to it all?
A. Trying to make it in music is very challenging but I am a very realistic person so making music is still what I enjoy doing. Whatever challenges I run into won’t discourage me from trying to open doors for myself.
8. What was it like putting together your EP?
A. It was fun and very cool to go through the process.
9. Who are some of your favorite artists or rather, what musicians have continued to inspire you and your music? Who would you still love to work with in the future?
A. I have so many favorite artists that I listen too and who inspired me.
To name a few is Michael Jackson, Prince, Pharell Williams, Jimi Hendrix , Lenny Kravitz, and that list goes on and on. I would like to work with Bruno Mars and a few other artists.
10. What has it been like keeping up with your social media accounts and all of the different platforms? Is it hard to stay up to date on it all? What would you say is your favorite way to connect with your fans now?
A. I use social media regularly Instagram is what I stay on most of the time.
11. If you were going to be stranded on a deserted island, what musical item would you take with you and why?
A. Well, it would be my mp3 player or smartphone because that’s all I need.
12. If your music was going to be featured on any TV show that is currently on right now, which would you love it to be on? Or if you prefer, what is a movie that you love that you wish your music was featured in?
A. I would love my music to be featured in any Marvel Comics movie or Fast & Furious movie.
13. At the end of the day, what do you hope people take away from your music?
A. I would hope people will feel good when hearing my music and feel inspired after listening to my music.
14. When you are not making music what else do you enjoy to do?
A. I like taking pictures and in my spare time, I like playing basketball or working out.
15. Where you @ online?