1. Where are we talking from today?
2. Where did you get your artist’s name from?
My brother when I was a child. (Slyce – means sharp and on point.)
3. Music-wise what are you working on right now? Are you currently promoting a single or album?
I am working on new music as we speak, I have 2 singles that have been out for a little while entitled “The Sorrow” and “Pay Me”.
4. Who or what were the most significant influences on your musical life and career?
My father and brother, my dad was the lead singer of a group called Process and the Doo rags which were discovered by Rick James and my brother are highly respected in the music industry for his behind the scenes work, as well as his music.
5. Who are your favorite musicians?
I admire Prince because of how great he was as an artist and musician and my uncle Kenny Hawkins who has played guitar for Rick James, Michael Jackson, Mariah Carey, Mary J Blige and more.
6. What have been the greatest challenges/frustrations of your career so far?
7. As a musician, what is your definition of success?
The number of people that I can impact in a positive way.
8. What is your idea of perfect happiness?
Being able to earn a living doing what I love and spending time with the people I love.
9. What is your present state of mind?
Building a fan base, releasing unreleased music and creating new music.
10. What is your most treasured possession?
11. What do you enjoy doing most?
Being with my family or traveling.
12. Where would you like to be in 10 years’ time?
Successful in the music and film industry, with a solidified resume that can create a legacy for my family.
13. Where you @ online? http://www.slycemusic.org/