Interview With Artist Frani Lugo
1. Where are we talking from today?
A. South of the Hudson Yards – Chelsea, New York City.
2. Where did you get your artist name from?
A. It is a family nickname.
3. Music wise what are you working on now? Are you currently promoting a single or album?
A. This week drops my next release, 8 songs titled “FLUGO,” the fifth of eight albums in the process of being released in the next couple of years.
4. Who or what were the most significant influences on your musical life and career?
A. My father.
5. Who are your favorite musicians?
A. The list is too long. Since it spans so many genres it is difficult to pinpoint.
6. What have been the greatest challenges/frustrations of your career so far?
A. Just being fabulous at my art forms isn’t enough. Because of fickle tastes and a digitizing economy it is very difficult to generate a financial foundation for an ongoing artistic career.
7. As a musician, what is your definition of success?
A. Being able to constantly perform and earn a comfortable living wage with the work — afford top-tier health insurance.
8. What is your idea of perfect happiness?
A. I think I’m pretty “happy” now. Life is not perfect.
9. What is your present state of mind?
A.Trying to take every day as it comes and making the best of it.
10. What is your most treasured possession?
A. My life.
11. What do you enjoy doing most?
A. When I get the chance to swim in a pristine beach.
12. Where would you like to be in 10 years’ time?
A. Maybe chillin’ on a pristine beach?
13. Where you @ online?