Check Out Up And Coming Artist Calvin X
1. Where are we talking from today?
A. We are talking from North Atlanta today.
2. What would you like to accomplish in 2019?
A. What I would like to accomplish this year is, having a record being syndicated in the house party scene around the world.
3. What is your take on politics?
A. My take on politics is that we need to need to overthrow the American government as soon as possible.
4. Where did you get your artist name from?
A. I got my artist name from, the hallway of The Art Institute of Atlanta.
5. Growing up, how important has music been in your life? Can you recall the moment when you decided that you wanted to be a musician? Was it an easy or difficult choice to make?
A. Growing up music was my only outlet, and the moment that I decided to become a musician was the first time that I heard Eminem’s “Marshall Mathers LP”. And it was an easy decision.
6. Was there ever a time when you thought about doing something else? If you weren’t a musician today, what could you see yourself doing?
A. There has never been a thought about doing something other than music. Except for the frequent thought of dieing some nights.
7. What has been the biggest surprise so far about making music your career? What has been an unexpected or welcome challenge to it all?
A. My biggest surprise so far about making music my career was experiencing the depression that comes with it. And that is also the unexpected unwelcome challenge to it all.
8. What was it like putting together your EP?
A. Putting my EP together was like putting a collection of songs together and releasing them? I think?
9. Who are some of your favorite artists or rather, what musicians have continued to inspire you and your music? Who would you absolutely still love to work within the future?
A. Jimi Hendrix, Kid Cudi, Beach House, Eminem, Wavves, Lana Del Ray, The Weeknd, Ramones, Iggy, And The Stooges.
10. What has it been like keeping up with your social media accounts and all of the different platforms? Is it hard to stay up to date on it all? What would you say is your favorite way to connect with your fans now?
A. It’s hard staying up to date on social media, but my favorite platform is Instagram.
11. If you were going to be stranded on a deserted island, what musical item would you take with you and why?
A. None, I’d like to take with me a rowboat actually.
12. If your music was going to be featured on any TV show that is currently on right now, which would you love it to be on? Or if you prefer, what is a movie that you love that you wish your music was featured in?
A. I would love for my music to be featured in the film Good Fellas.
13. At the end of the day, what do you hope people take away from your music?
A. I really hope people take away their pain from my music.
14. When you are not making music what else do you enjoy to do?
A. Dreaming when I sleep.
15. Where you @ online?