12 Questions With Derek Smith
1. Where are we talking from today?
A. I currently reside in Murfreesboro Tennessee.
2. What would you like to accomplish in 2019?
A. The biggest thing I would like to accomplish in 2019 is to get my debut album produced.
3. Has the government shutdown affected you or anyone you know?
A. As far as the government shut down no it really hasn’t affected me or anyone that I know.
4. What is your take on politics?
A. As far as politics I feel our country is broken and we all need to come together as American people and figure out the solution. There is too much dissension among the American people and among our politicians. It’s time to reach across the party lines and figure out how to make this country better.
5. Where did you get your artist name from?
A. The name Derek Smith, as for the first name it was completely random. As for my last name, it was my mothers maiden name and the last name of my grandfather a man that I really admire and hope to make proud one day.
6. At what age did you make music a pursuit?
A. Man, that’s a really broad question I grew up singing in church. Music has always been a passion of mine but up until recently, I was not able to pursue it. Now at 36 years old I am just now getting into the business.
7. Did your family and friends support you in your pursuit of music?
A. Man, the support from my family and friends has been amazing they have just been completely and totally in my corner since the day I decided to do this.
8. Do you have an album/EP out now that readers should check out or are you about releasing singles?
A. I don’t have anything released yet I am working on my first single trying to get enough songs to put an album together.
9. Do you have any plans to tour?
A. As of right now I don’t have any plans to tour I’m still looking for a band to back me but I’m open to any and all opportunities.
10. What artists are you listening to right now?
A. As of right now the artist that I’m listening to it’s a wide range man I listen to a bunch of Motley Crue, Luke Combs, Marvin Gaye, you name it it’s in my playlist.
11. When you are not making music what else do you enjoy to do?
A. When I’m not riding in trying to make music I enjoy spending time with my kids and my wife.
12. Where you @ online?
A. I am online at Derek Smith Nashville music on Instagram Facebook and Twitter.